Terms of Service for Pitch Deck Consulting
The following terms of service provide thorough information on the dynamic of work between Venture Biz Care LLC (“us” or “Venture Suite”) and the client (“you” or the “Client”). The terms indicated herein shall be legally binding for both parties. The specifics of the Services are the ones detailed in the engagement letter signed upon completion of the purchase process (the “Purchase Confirmation”).
1- Scope of Services
Our Services include (i) The drafting of your deck, in accordance with your needs and objectives; and (ii) The design of a presentation using the deck drafted by us and approved by you, in accordance with your style preferences, branding requirements and any other project assets you submit to our team.
Our Services do not include-
- Market research. The information regarding the market size and/or composition needs to be provided by the client, either at the project kick-off call or during the follow-up interactions. Our team will include placeholders for the client to fill out.
- Production of videos.
- Design of infographics or custom images.
- Creation of logos or any other corporate identity material.
- Production or purchase of photographic assets (stock photos or any other photos for specific industries). We work with open image libraries and use them to provide imagery that represents the look and feel designed for each slide, these photos are for illustrative purposes only. You can keep our suggested images or update them later to include your own photos. Alternatively, you can share your photos with our team along with the rest of the project’s assets, before the delivery of the first draft and our team will use them for the design process. Requests for specific photos are not part of our services.
2 - The Process
Once you agree to these terms of service and complete the purchase process you will receive an Engagement letter and our proposal indicating the details of the service, price and a Non-Disclosure Agreement (the “NDA”) duly signed. After the purchase process, you will be required to book a kickoff call with our team and upload any information about your business. Once you have completed the purchase process, our Services will be provided as follows:
- Step 1. Book your kick-off call and upload information: You will upload any information and documentation that helps us write your deck. We will also provide a preparation questionnaire for you to fill out.
- Step 2. Briefing call: You will hold a briefing call with our team, to tell us about your story and provide us with your specific requirements and objectives. During the briefing call, our team may request any additional information and documentation required for the writing of the deck.
- Step 3. Uploading of additional information: You will upload any additional information and documentation requested by our team during the briefing call or that wish to be considered for writing the deck. Please notify the team that said information is uploaded for us to consider during the writing process.
- Step 4. Content writing: We will create your pitch deck content in accordance with the details provided by you in the briefing call with our Team and the information and documentation submitted.
- Step 5. Delivery of the content: We will deliver the first draft of the presentation content for your approval.
- Step 6. Deck Revision: You can provide feedback on the first draft of the deck and our team will make adjustments and send the deck back to you for review and approval. You have up to three rounds of content revisions to make comments, questions and content updates. All feedback must be provided through the proofing platform. Our business analysts have full discretional freedom to structure and write your slides in the best possible way, and in accordance with their expert criteria. Deck revisions are intended to complete the information and enrich it, and it is up to the business analyst to determine the extent and limitations of these revisions. A complete rewrite of the entire deck is not considered part of the revisions, and if required, it will involve an additional cost which will be quoted separately.
- Step 7. We will send you a design survey for you to fill out with your design brand assets, graphic references, and other important details for our designers.
- Step 8. Uploading of project assets: you will upload any Project Assets required for our team to design the presentation.
- Step 9. Design concept: with the information and assets you submit in the design survey we will create a graphic concept with some sample slides from your deck for your review and approval. This graphic concept will be used as a base to design the rest of the slides. Our team may request any additional Project Assets not submitted previously that are required for the presentation design.
- Step 10. Design process: Once the content and the design concept of the deck have been approved by you, our team will design a presentation using the deck and graphic style approved by you and deliver to you the first draft in your preferred format.
- Step 11. Revisions: you have up to two rounds of design revisions. Our team will make any amendments and send the revised version to you. Once the final version is approved we will send you the editable file in the format you selected.
The steps indicated above will be subject to the terms and conditions established herein.
3- Project Assets
Prior to our briefing call, you shall provide information and documentation related to your history, operation details, financial projections, market details, objectives, market size, go-to-market strategy and any other aspects of the company that are useful for our team to write your deck or that you wish to be included in such. Your deck will be written based on the details given to our team during your briefing call and the documentation and information provided by you. Any additional information and documentation, not requested by our team during the briefing call, must be provided during the twenty-four (24) hours following the briefing call and our team will not consider any information or documentation uploaded afterwards. Any additional information or documentation requested by our team for writing the deck must be provided for our team to start working on the writing and the delivery time will depend on the provision of said information. If you have any specific requirements for the writing of the deck, please let our team know before we start working on the deck, so it is written in accordance with your needs.
For the design component of our Services, you shall provide our team with any information, specifications, images, logos, corporate identity material and any other project assets that you want to be included in the presentation to be designed by our team (the “Project Assets”), all these assets can be uploaded through the design survey. Any additional Project Assets, not requested by our team, must be provided during the twenty-four (24) hours following the design concept approval and our team will not consider any Project Assets uploaded afterwards. Any additional Project Assets requested by our team for designing the presentation must be provided for our team to start working on the presentation and the delivery time will depend on the provision of said additional Project Assets. Our team will design your presentation based on the approved content, concept and uploaded material.
If you have any specific instructions on your presentation’s design, please include such instructions as detailed as possible at the time you fill out the survey so our team can design your presentation in accordance with your needs. Any specifications not indicated at the time the Project Assets are uploaded or during the design concept review, as well as any ambiguous instructions, will not be taken into consideration by our design team.
Our team will not make any changes to your presentation (either the first draft or the final version) to adjust or include any information, documentation, materials or assets that you failed to provide in due time.
4- Proprietary Rights
You hereby warrant that: (i) you own all rights, titles, and interest in, or have full right and authority to permit the use of the Project Assets submitted for the provision of our Services; (ii) the use of this Project Assets does not infringe the rights of any third party; and (iii) you are in compliance and will remain in compliance with any licensing agreement in relation to any of the Project Assets.
You shall indemnify and hold harmless Venture Suite from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, losses or expenses arising out of any claim, demand or action by a third party alleging intellectual property rights infringement on the Project Assets provided by you and included in the presentation.
For the sole purpose of providing the Services, you hereby grant Venture Suite a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Project Assets solely in connection with the presentation.
Our fees for the Services are based on the deck features required by you and detailed during the sales process. The deck and the presentation will be created based on said features. If you should require any additional features, additional slides or consultation calls, additional costs will be applicable. In the event you should require any of the above, please contact our Customer Support team so we can provide a quotation.
6- Revisions and Deliverables
The delivery time will depend on the purchased Services (i.e. standard or expedited). The project will be split into two sections: Writing and Design.
During the Writing portion of the project, the team will work on plain text (Google Docs) and create the ”Content Draft” that will have:
- The outline of the slides.
- The final copy (text) will be included in the slides.
- Descriptions of diagrams and other design assets.
For the Writing portion of the project, you will be allowed up to three (3) rounds of revisions. The turnaround for revisions is 2-3 Business Days (standard projects) or 1 Business Day (expedited projects) from the moment you request your changes on the content draft.
Once you receive the first version we can answer questions about the deck, and include any missing information previously discussed, narrative and other related content tweaks. Revisions do not include the incorporation of any new ideas or new business propositions. If you require a new approach to your Pitch Deck due to a shift in your business additional costs will be applicable.
Once the Content Draft is approved and sent to the design team, no additional revisions to the content are allowed.
During the Design portion of the project, the team will transform the Content Draft into the final, designed presentation. This presentation will be delivered in the format of your choosing (Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, Apple Keynote or Venture Suite).
For the Design portion of the project, you will be allowed up to two (2) rounds of revisions.
Our estimated delivery times will be 7 Business Days (standard delivery projects) or 4 Business Days (expedited delivery projects) and the following terms and conditions should apply:
For the writing portion of the project, if all information and documentation have been submitted at the time of the briefing call, the delivery time for the first draft of the deck starts running after the briefing call is held. If additional information or documentation, not requested by our team, is uploaded during the twenty-four hours following the briefing call, the delivery time starts running at the time the additional information is provided. If additional information or documentation is requested by our team during the briefing call, the delivery times start at the time you provide such additional information and documentation. For the design portion of the project, if all Project Assets have been submitted at the time of the design survey, the delivery time starts running after the information is submitted. If additional Project Assets, not requested by our team, are uploaded during the twenty-four hours following the design survey, the delivery time starts running at the time the additional Project Assets are provided. If additional Project Assets are requested by our team during the design survey, the delivery time starts running at the time you provide such additional Project Assets. The revision time delivery for both the deck and presentation begins after you share the complete feedback with our team. The complexity and extent of the requested changes could affect the delivery time of the revisions, our team will inform you if that is the case.
The deck and presentation needs are defined by the details filled in the upload stage after purchase, the Project Assets you have provided and our briefing call. In regards to the designed presentation, once you have received the first version, we can work on visual changes, layout adjustments, image selection and other related tweaks. Revisions do not include the incorporation of any new ideas or graphics. Revisions of the presentation do not include any amendment or revision of the content, since such content has been previously approved by you. The Client’s point of contact (as established in section 7.) will be in charge of requesting any changes and approving the project deliverables. If the point of contact is changed by the Client during the project, the new contact point will only be allowed to request the changes detailed above. Venture Suite shall not be responsible for any creative differences between the Client’s team and therefore will have no obligation to adjust or make changes to the project deliverables due to the Client changing its point of contact.
After the first version of the deck or the presentation is sent, you will have up to two (2) weeks to respond with feedback, once that time has passed the project will be placed on hold, and will no longer be available for any future revisions and will be considered as accepted by you. After 3 weeks the files will be permanently and irreversibly deleted from our database.
As part of the Services, the team will generate deliverable presentation files for you. Such as the final draft of the presentation, which represents the culmination of any and all revisions performed as part of the Services, once the final draft is delivered the project is labeled as completed and no new edits are available under that request.
The final deliverable file formats will vary depending on the Services acquired. PowerPoint and Keynote purchases will only be delivered on PowerPoint or Keynote formats accordingly. Venture Suite purchases will only be delivered on a valid Venture Suite account as Venture Suite Presentations and Google Slides purchases will only be delivered as Google Slides presentations to a Google account given by you.
Our team will identify the deadlines indicated by you at the time of purchase and work to ensure that the deliverables are submitted on time. Any failure by you to provide all the necessary Project Assets will affect the date by which any potential files will be delivered.
7- Our Team's Schedule
Our working hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time. If the purchase is made outside of our office hours the time starts running the next business day at 10:00 am Eastern Time. However, our team needs to have all the presentation assets in order to begin, if after uploading the documents you still need to share extra files with us the delivery time will start once our team receives said files. This delivery time is for the first draft of the deck and the presentation, not for the final version.
We will keep communications via email and through the revisions platform only. No calls are scheduled as part of the Services, except for the kick-off call with our team.
If at a later point any other means of communication are deemed necessary by our team, booking them will depend on the team’s availability and will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis.
8- Non-disclosure of Information
All information, documentation and other Project Assets provided by the Client to Venture Suite shall be considered confidential information, including but not limited to: concepts, diagrams, drawings, databases, spreadsheets, contracts, know-how, investment plans, marketing plans, sales plans, business plans, marketing strategies, trade secrets, and any other technical, accounting, legal and/or commercial information. Therefore, Venture Suite commits to maintain strict confidentiality and in consequence not reveal, trade or disclose, in whole or in part, the confidential information provided by the Client.
Our team works under a non-disclosure agreement, to ensure that your content is kept confidential at all times. Once the project is completed and delivered, the Venture Suite team will no longer have access to your slides, and all your information will be permanently and irreversibly deleted from our database.
9- Service Cancellation, Issuing of Refunds and Indemnification
The Services can be cancelled at any time prior to the moment our team starts working on your deck. That means you can request the cancellation of the Services up to twenty-four (24) hours before the kickoff call. If the cancellation of Services happens at this moment, we can issue a partial refund of your purchase, the amount of the partial refund will be determined at our sole discretion based on the time incurred by our team in your project.
If the cancellation of the Services happens at any time after the indicated moment and our team has started to work on your deck, no refunds will be issued under any circumstances. Furthermore, you acknowledge that our Services are provided in accordance with your objectives, instructions, style preferences, branding requirements and any Project Assets you have provided in due time and that you rely on our team’s expertise for writing the deck and designing your presentation, therefore, no refunds will be issued due to creative differences that may arise between the Client and Venture Suite.
Furthermore, Venture Suite will have no obligation to indemnify the Client if the deliverable does not meet the Client’s expectations.
10- Relationship between the Client and Venture Suite and No Exclusivity
The provision of Services pursuant to these terms of service does not create any agency, partnership, employment or joint venture relationship between you and us. Furthermore, the provision of our Services does not create an exclusive relationship between you and us. Therefore, we are entitled to offer and provide our Services to other clients, without limitation.
11- Force Majeure
We will not be liable for any delay in our delivery times due to causes beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of war, acts of God, earthquake, flood, embargo, riot, sabotage, labour shortage or dispute, governmental acts or acts of third parties.
12- Point of Contact
During the purchase process, you will be required to appoint a point of contact for the project. All communications between Venture Suite and the Client will be managed directly with the contact point through the email address provided by you during the purchase process. If for any reason, the Client requires to change its point of contact, it should notify Venture Suite indicating who will be the new point of contact and his/her email address. No more than two points of contact will be allowed during the revisions process.
13- Governing Law
All matters relating to this engagement letter, the Proposal and the provision of our Services and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these terms of service or our Services shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the state of Delaware. By accepting the terms and conditions detailed in this document, you waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to the venue in such courts.
For any inquiries about our ToS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org