Why Now Slide
Reasons why your pitch deck needs a "Why Now Slide"
Markets now change more quickly than they once did. New technology becoming more affordable or a large-scale shift in human behaviour may be the root of this market’s rapid evolution. The opportunity to increase one’s investment is greater in markets that are changing quickly, which has investors very interested in investing in them.
The opportunity slide explains why it is a great time to launch your business and target a particular market. You must provide proof that the market is shifting and that this is the ideal time to invest in your business (for example, significant growth rates, market turbulence, new regulations, low-cost technology, etc.) to pique the investor’s interest.
Your prospective investor needs to conclude after you have presented all of your information, that this is a great time to launch your business because you know the market well. If you succeed in doing that, they will be more receptive to specific issues and your solution.
Famous examples of new market opportunities are Netflix (high-speed internet made streaming services possible) and mobile apps (App Store created a whole new business section).
How you can build a killer why now slide
The slide's content
- Your response to the issue you identified
- Visualisations, graphics, prototypes, and demonstrations of the solution
Queries addressed by your slide
- Does it address the issue at hand?
- Does the customer want the solution so badly that they will stop at nothing to get it?
- After utilizing the solution, how will the client feel?
- Are you amazed by the solution?
Typical Slide Errors
- Including an unsuccessful live demonstration or video (always get the backup)
- Make use of bullets
- Drawing attention to your proposed solution rather than providing any indication of how things stand now
- Choose a font style that is easy to read.
- Ensure that you use high-resolution images.
- Maintain a simple design.