Why the team should be included in your pitch deck.
Who will be a member of the rockstar group that creates the next moonshot for the investor? You’ve got to show them!
Building confidence in your team and your abilities to make the venture a huge success is the main goal of your team slide. Each member of your key team should have a brief bio that includes their education, any relevant experience, and any notable accomplishments.
Always ask yourself what prior experiences of your team members might be useful for your company’s challenges. Think of it as a proven track record.
Remember that the pitch deck’s goal is to capture the investor’s attention, not to share personal details, so all of this information should be kept brief (pro tip: Include an appendix with a longer version of your team slide).
The founders’ collective stories or declarations of a common passion or goal can also be included on the team slide.
How you can build a killer team slide
The slide's content
- Your response to the issue you identified
- Visualisations, graphics, prototypes, and demonstrations of the solution
Queries addressed by your slide
- Does it address the issue at hand?
- Does the customer want the solution so badly that they will stop at nothing to get it?
- After utilizing the solution, how will the client feel?
- Are you amazed by the solution?
Typical Slide Errors
- Including an unsuccessful live demonstration or video (always get the backup)
- Make use of bullets
- Drawing attention to your proposed solution rather than providing any indication of how things stand now
- Choose a font style that is easy to read.
- Ensure that you use high-resolution images.
- Maintain a simple design.